Skip to main content

Missing my soon to be mother in law

Mother in law - they are the mother of our spouse. The one who sees everything even the tiniest microscopic dust. The one who checks the sink for unwashed dishes. The one who pays a visit just to have the house and children inspected. Does it ring any bell?

All of the above description is the opposite of my soon to be mother in law, Mama Cristy. She is everything to my soon to be husband and to my soon to be second family. Unfortunately, she is not living with us anymore. May she rest in peace.

Anyways, one television show in ABS CBN 2 here in the Philippines, Please Be Careful With My Heart starring Jodie Sta. Maria as Maya and Richard Yap as Sir Chief, made me miss my soon to be mother in law. At one particular episode, Maya and her soon to be mother in law having a happy and fun conversation over the phone. Telling how they miss each other, how are they doing and things like that. At that time, it feels like that I am watching myself and Mama Cristy having that kind of chat. Believe it or not we are like that. Crazy, funny, hilarious, caring, loving mother in law. She is not the typical mother in law who sees everything. Because according to her (of course when she is still alive and kicking), she doesn't want me to experience the harsh treatment she experienced from her mother in law. She wants a home filled with happiness and love.

If you are having a hard time with your mother in law, still, love them back. Besides, she is the mother of your beloved husband. Whether she sees the bad in you, see the goodness in her.

I hope you are having a great time reading this post. Thank you very much and have a wonderful day ahead!

P.S.
If you have more time, kindly visit "About Reg Torres" page. Thank you :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

moovz. viber. bus.

When I got into a relationship, I want it for long term otherwise, none at all. I want it to last. I don't want relationship just for the sake of having one. A partner who stays even if the world gives a lot of reason to leave. And I think I found her. We first met online through an application Moovz. It is like a Facebook for the LGBT community and for straights as well, where you can meet and greet, post anything (nudity is not allowed), make friends. Just like Facebook basically. If I'm not mistaken she is the one who chat me first then I replied. I added her to our Viber group chat 'mooverz' so she can meet fellow Filipino moovz user. Yes we exchange conversations but that's just it because I am eyeing on someone already. But that someone, let's call her A, is not ready. I did my best to court her, send messages, make calls but I guess she is not that ready. So I wandered again, and this girl, let's name her K, popped again asking how my day...

Sure-real Moments

---> UERMMC Hospital, January 13, 2011         Sophia Ailee was 8 weeks then. Just about the size of a tadpole with normal beating heart. To my awe, it made me say, Oh my god, as I saw her on the ultrasound monitor. She's there, definitely there. ---> Amisola Maternity Hospital, February 22, 2011, Pelvic Ultrasound         Our dear baby has grown a lot. From being a tadpole-like to a human baby body with head like her Didi (shorten term for Daddy), little arms stretching and crossed legs. Her spinal cord and bones in both arms and legs is already formed but still maturing. As I saw her thru the monitor, feels like I can almost touch her. It made me teary eyed during the session. Our baby is perfectly fine and that was an ease on my part and Charles, too. Phew! ---> Twist. Kick. Roll. Punch.         Sounds like a video game, right? We just need some super powers. Hahaha. It is very o...

Dorm-ant

This blog has been dormant for a quite sometime. Luckily,  its not blocked or banned. This post will be blast from the past so here it goes. Wooosh! November 5, 2011 A job fair was held somewhere in Manila offering positions from a well known bank. So I prepared for that day. I brought all my documents needed and off I go. At the job fair I met applicants like me whose reason is mainly just to have a job. I passed the interview and written exams. The next day I had my medical exam. It took a month before I finally got the certificate that I am fit to work. January 2012 Our training. Everything is taught. Not toxic, no pressure at all. How we all wish we're just in training. After 3 weeks of gunshot and information overload training, we're sent to our respective branches. This is the start of a newbie dilemma. Lots of errors even your hands and feet are not enough to count it, shortages you should pay, overage you should give back, endless questions, slow pace transaction,...