Skip to main content

Pride, Ego, Effort and Time

August 6, 2015 just a few days from Sophia Ailee's birthday (which is August 19, 2015), I emailed him (Sophia's father) to grant her daughter's birthday wish and how Sophia's told it to us.

Night. August 5, 2015, just got home from the office, My mom told me something. Sophie wants to go on a wishing fountain and she will bring a coin. She will throw it in the water and make a wish for her birthday. My mom asked Sophia what's her wish, Sophia answered, I wish daddy will go home.

Whoa! it shatters my heart.  I cried. She is looking for her daddy. I am not keeping Sophia for myself. Believe it or not, I want Sophia to be with him to be with his family side but unfortunately, there is no effort coming from everyone else to see the kid.

Back to the email. 

A few days later. August 13, 2015. I received an email coming from him after the last email he sent me (when he told me that he is leaving all the responsibility to me) for about 1.7 years ago.

And so I proceed to read the contents.

He apologize that he just checked his email late. He told me that I know the reason why he can't come at our house (guilt or shame) and that I can go there with Sophia on their place but he can't come right on the said date. He said that we can meet up a day before or after the birthday but it much better if we would go there in their place.

 So I replied to his email. I said that I will inform him as soon as I got an available schedule (you know..working mom. Haha)

How's that for an effort? Haha. But.. but.. I have to set aside this pride or ego thingy within me because it is ALL for my daughter.  If that is my daughter wanted, I will give it to her. I don't want to come to a time that my daughter is furious to me that I didn't do anything to see her father. That will devastate me.

My initial reaction was 'Okay got an email from him. So what now' From there I realized, he is no more an item to me. Unlike before that I was filled with anxiety that hopefully he would answer my email begging him to come back. All that was gone. I am so happy and proud for myself from that very moment. It is true that time can heal all wounds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The webinar lesson I promised :)

Remember the webinar I promise to share with you? Well, here it is. Sorry for keeping you waiting. My apologies. Well, here we go! :) We had this online seminar or webinar last October 5, 2013, as our team called it. Our guest speaker is Coach JR who is also making a living in the networking or MLM arena. He made us close our eyes. He told us to have a clear picture in our minds of what we really want in our life. House, car, another business, a dream wedding, etc. As his explanation goes, envisioning your fruit, always before bedtime or waking up, or making a vision of what you really want keeps you positive and motivated to get it. And that's number 1, envision your fruit. Number 2 Accept it. Own it. If you picture something, let's say a mobile phone or a laptop computer, you picture as if it is.yours. This mobile phone is mine. This car is mine. Then you do something that will make it a reality (legally speaking). Me for example, I picture myself to pay the debt

AAAAAND IT HIT ME!

An advertisement of dish seasoning here in the Philippines that shows a wife (who is newly wed) having insecurities in her cooking skills because her mother-in -law (her husband's mother) cooks well. This ad knock me out, hard! big time! Though Charles and I were not yet living on the same roof, I'm having this jittery feeling whenever I thought about it. I'm afraid that I cannot equate his mother's skills especially in cooking. I can cook though but I don't have the guts or confidence as many call it. (How's that for insecurity?) Just a brief background about women getting married here in the Philippines, it is a culture and tradition that a girl should know how to do house chores like cleaning the house, washing clothes, doing the dishes, sew, fix, and most specially cooking and preparing meals for the family. As early as a young age, girls are trained and taught about house chores so when the time come that they are having their own family, they're

Happy Mother's Day

 I know this is long over due but it is still the month we celebrate Mother's Day, right? So lend me your yes and ears for a while. May 13, 2012. The whole world pays tribute and cheers for the greatest woman of our lives - our mothers. Many names have been called to her. Mom, Mama, Momsie, Mamita, Mimi, Mommy, Inay, Nanay, Mudra or Mudang (in gay language here in the Philippines) but whatever names you call them it will still give a tinge of pride and joy when you call them. On this day, many send their greetings to me thru text (BTW, I'm already a mom). I'm thankful for it but I felt a little awkward. I just told myself, I am officially a mother. This is my first ever mother's day celebration. I greet my mama and she greet me back, and we laugh. We spend the day at home watching movies and eating what's on our fridge. Let's us thank our mom for they are the only person who will love and support us all the way. For us moms, always and forever give ou